Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Catching You Up

I thought I'd let you all know what's been going on for a month since i decided to take on the LV100.

Since then, I've been riding 2-3 days a week and playing soccer for a little cross training. It's been a bit rough but I feel that I'm getting stronger. Because I've decided to do single speed I've been mainly riding without shifting. It really isn't easy and I can see why Dave Wilson is such a strong rider. It takes a lot of power and endurance to be a single speeder, and that just gets me more fired up to become one.

Because I want to be a single speeder, it only makes since that I need to get a proper single speed bike. I looked at what my coach rides (Wilson) and ordered a brand new SIR 9 frame from Niner bikes (pictures coming soon). It's made from light weight steel and allows me to be a single speeder or a geared rider. Wilson says to forget about the second part because "we don't need no stink'n gears!"

I'm also trying to enter quite a few cross races this year to get my race experience up. But that is another tale....

Now that you're up to speed we can proceed. Hang with me because I've got another blog entry soon...The Kansas Cup Cross race!!!! Should be a good one!

No comments:

Post a Comment